A dynamic and fun-to-drive personality has always been a hallmark of the popular Mazda MX-5. The third generation, introduced for the 2006 model year, improved upon these Zoom-Zoom characteristics with even more power and superior handling. 2008 finds the MX-5 continuing to deliver the driving experience that enthusiasts expect from a lightweight two seater sports car.
- MZR family 2.0 litre DOHC 4 cylinder engine with 166 horsepower (163 with automatic transmission) and 140 lb-ft of torque
- Optional Sport mode 6 speed automatic transmission (with available paddle shifters on GT models)
- Independent front strut/rear multi-link suspension geometry provides stable handling and responsive control
- Performance features such as sport suspension tuning, Bilstein shocks and a limited-slip differential are offered (standard on GS and optional on GT models)
- Performance rated tires supply enhanced grip for better handling