At Mazda Canada, we’re proud to offer some of the most exciting vehicles on the road today; vehicles that provide a uniquely exhilarating driving experience. We want to provide the opportunity to enjoy worry free driving, even after the vehicle’s manufacturer's warranty has expired.
That’s why we’ve created the Mazda Added Protection plans to protect you against unexpected repair costs. MAP works in conjunction with your specified new vehicle warranty for up to 7 years or 160,000 km. With it you are covered for services over and above your existing warranty.
MAP is our way of ensuring that your ownership experience is the best it can be. The way we look at it, excitement comes from being behind the wheel of your new Mazda, so our dealership service departments work hard to keep you there.
How the Mazda Added Protection Program Works
Whether you lease or buy your new Mazda vehicle, there is a broad selection of MAP plans to meet your specific coverage requirements.
The New Vehicle 36/80, 42/100 and 48/100 plans are ideal for individuals who lease a Mazda vehicle and want comprehensive coverage throughout the lease term. If you decide to purchase your Mazda at the expiration of the lease you can purchase additional comprehensive or major component coverage for up to 84 months/160,000 km at that time.
The New Vehicle 36/80, 42/100 and 48/100 plans are also ideal for individuals who purchase a new Mazda and would like the option to purchase additional comprehensive or major component coverage for up to 84 months/160,000 km at a later date.
Other plan options provide comprehensive or major component mechanical protection for 60 months/100,000 km, 72 months/ 120,000 km, 72 months/160,000 km and 84 months/160,000 km.
|36 months/80,000 km*
|42 months/100,000 km*
|48 months/100,000 km*
|60 months/100,000 km
||60 months/100,000 km
|72 months/120,000 km
||72 months/120,000 km
|72 months/160,000 km
||72 months/160,000 km
|84 months/160,000 km
||84 months/160,000 km
|84 months/160,000 km
||84 months/160,000 km
- MAP Add Coverage plans can be purchased prior to the expiration of New Vehicle 36/80, 42/100 and 48/100 plans only.
- Mazda new vehicles must be registered and normally operated in Canada.
- MAP is not available for vehicles used as taxi, courier/delivery services, police/security services, rental vehicles, snow removal or emergency services.
- Vehicles leased/sold for use in competition/racing or off-road activities are not eligible for MAP.
- MAP Add Coverage plans may be purchased by the original or subsequent owners.
New Vehicle Comprehensive coverage for B-Series Truck 36 months/60,000 km.
For further details on limits or exclusions on the program please consult your Mazda Dealer.
Benefits to You
Peace Of Mind Motoring
- Prolong your driving pleasure beyond the manufacturer's warranty period for up to 7 years/160,000 km.
- Choose from a number of plans offering time, distance and coverage options.
- Mazda Added Protection plans are fully backed and administered by Mazda Canada Inc.
Personal Budget Protection
- Mazda Canada and Mazda Dealers have a vested interest in Customer Satisfaction.
- Mazda Dealers know your Mazda - our factory-trained technicians use only quality replacement parts.
Valid in Canada and Continental U.S.A.
- Budget concerns are generally a factor when purchasing or leasing a vehicle. Protect against unusual repair expenses for up to 7 years avoiding the financial burden that unexpected repairs could create.
Repair Inflation Protection
- Any Mazda Dealer in Canada or the Continental USA will tend to your service needs.
Enhanced Resale Value
- Protect against future inflation on repair costs for parts and labour.
Premium Roadside Assistance
- A well-maintained vehicle in good working order with remaining Mazda Added Protection will have a greater value to future owners.
- Each Mazda Added Protection agreement includes Premium Roadside Assistance for the duration of the coverage.
- Highlights include: towing, winching, battery boost, out of fuel, tire service, lock-out service, emergency travel expense reimbursement, travel planning and Dealer locator.
- Mazda Added Protection is fully transferable to future owners.
At Mazda Canada, we’re committed to your satisfaction. We don’t just want to sell you a vehicle — we want you to be absolutely delighted with every aspect of your experience with us, from buying to driving to service, which is why we are offering you this program. Mazda offers you the service and protection you need to maximize your driving performance wherever you go in Canada or the continental U.
* MAP Add Coverage plans can be purchased prior to the expiration of New Vehicle 36/80, 42/100 and 48/100 plans only.
|36 months/80 000 km*
|42 months/1000 000 km*
|48 months/100 000 km*
|60 months/100 000 km*
|72 months/120 000 km*
|72 months/160 000 km*
|84 months/160 000 km*
|84 months/160,000 km
Highest level of protection available and is similar to the new vehicle limited warranty. Components that are not covered are considered maintenance and are listed below.
What is not covered
Of course, no protection program can cover every possible circumstance. The following items, which are considered a maintenance repair, are not covered by Mazda Added Protection plans: Glass, lenses, sealed beams, light bulbs, trim, mouldings, bright metal, upholstery, Miata soft-top fabric, paint, body, exhaust system (including catalytic converter), brake pads, brake shoes, brake rotors and drums, clutch linings, shock absorbers, McPherson struts, steering rack boots, drive axle boots, outer tie rod ends, ball joints, batteries, spark plugs, spark plug wire sets, distributor rotor, hoses, tires, side view mirrors, belts, external shift linkage, fuses, wiper blades, adjustments, water leaks, wheel balancing wheel alignment, accessories (except Dealer installed Mazda air conditioning kits).
Major Component Protection
Major Component coverage is available for up to 7 years and provides repair cost protection for the following parts:
- Air Conditioning (Original equipment or Dealer installed Mazda approved air conditioning only)
- Compressor, condenser, evaporator, magnetic clutch bearings, magnetic clutch and pulley, accumulator, refrigerant gas if replaced due to the failure of a covered component, seals and gaskets.
- Brake System
- Master cylinder, power brake unit, wheel cylinders proportioning valve, vacuum pump assembly, disc calipers, anti-lock brake system and brake lines.
- Clutch System
- Clutch master cylinder and release cylinder, release bearing, clutch cover, clutch cable, hydraulic lines and seals.
- Differential housing and all internal parts, constant velocity joints, propeller shafts, universal joints, axle shafts, bearings, transfer case and all internal parts, freewheel hub, remote freewheel, seals and gaskets.
- Certain Electrical Components
- Ignition coil, distributor coil with igniter, crank angle sensor, starter, alternator, central processing unit, EGI control unit, control unit (idle-up), power steering control unit, cruise control unit, automatic transmission control unit, auto adjusting suspension control unit, 4WD control unit, theft deterrent control unit.
- Cylinder block and head, all internal parts, intake manifold, timing gears or sprockets, timing chain or belt, timing cover, flywheel, valve cover, oil pan, oil pump, oil pump chain, oil cooler, engine mounts, water pump, seals and gaskets.
- Engine Cooling Devices
- Radiator and cooling fan.
- Fuel Control Devices
- Air flow sensor, throttle body, charge air cooler, air bypass valve, Lysholm compressor and pulley, fuel injectors, and fuel pump.
- Gear housing and all internal parts, power steering pump power steering hydraulic lines, steering column shafts and couplings steering knuckle and inner tie rod.
- Upper and lower arms, spindles, stabilizer bars, coil springs, leaf springs, torsion bar springs, toe control hub, wheel hubs bearings and seals.
- Case and all internal parts, torque converter oil cooler, oil cooler lines, oil pan, mounts, seals and gaskets.